Friday, July 8, 2011

The Joys of Being Somewhat Colorblind

So I was at Conner's supermarket yesterday doing some grocery shopping and stubbed my toe on something while I was in the produce department.  Looked down at my big toe and it was bleeding under the nail, but not so severely that it was dripping on the floor or making a mess of my $5 flip flops.  Returned to the house and ate lunch, and then headed down to the beach.  Spent a considerable amount of time in the ocean boogie boarding and my toe was still an unsightly mess.  Came back to the house and took a shower.  The toe was still a mess, so I got out the nail clippers and prepared for minor surgery.  Starting digging around under the nail, and what a treasure I did find!  I stubbed my toe on a watermelon at Conner's and spent the day with a green watermelon rind jammed under my toenail...no blood, no damage.  If I was not partially colorblind I probably would have noticed earlier in the day that my toe was green, not red!  Such is life for those of us afflicted with this colorblindness thing!

1 comment:

Anne said...

This is classic!